*This post contains referral links and I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
WHAT MADE ME THINK OF A SUMMER BUCKET LIST
I attend an exercise strength class every Saturday morning. Groaning as I warmed up for the class I noticed the music choice was different today. At first, the music got on my nerves. It wasn’t the usual fast-paced, “motivate me to move” music.
However, as I started listening to the musical Grease that was playing, I fondly remembered Danny and Sandy and their quest for each other.
Remember the scene where Sandy was dressed to kill in her black leather outfit in order to entice Danny? As the class went on, other summer songs came on during our class and it got me pumped for summer!
My Favorite Season
Summer is my absolute FAVORITE season! Feeling the warmth of the sun on my face instantly relaxes me. I adore laying out in the sun, having a cocktail and reading a good book!
The past few summers, I was consumed with studying and personal issues with family members. Regretfully, the summers had passed by me quickly without me enjoying them.
Needless to say, I NEEDED to create my first Summer Bucket List!
THREE REASONS TO MAKE A SUMMER BUCKET LIST
There are two items that aren’t officially summer items. Nonetheless, they are important items for me to complete this year.
Here are my three reasons I decided to create my Summer Bucket List:
- I am not getting any younger. (I just turned 55 in January!) This is the season of life to be enjoying some of the things I have put off in past years!
- I am tired of the same mundane summer activities. As much as I love summer, I need to start trying new summer activities. Year after year, there are new things I plan on trying but never do.
- The Summer Bucket List will give me something to look forward to!
MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST
Without further ado, here is my Summer Bucket List for 2019!
- Visit The Peach Truck again! I found out about this amazing gem of a farm two years ago and have fallen in LOVE, LOVE with their homemade peaches they deliver on their tour! Click on the link above to read about my visit to The Peach Truck!
- Visit The Biltmore for Christmas Nights. I know this isn’t a summer activity but since we have visited The Biltmore twice, we now want to attend the Christmas Nights exhibit. I love The Biltmore Estate and you can read about our summer visit last year by clicking on the link above.
- Making Resin Jewelry – using the petals from my roses and other flowers. I ran across this idea on Pinterest recently and fell in love with the idea.
- Use My Wine Bottle Cutter – I purchased wine bottle cutter a few years ago for some nifty craft ideas for all of the empty wine bottles I have, but never go around to it!
- The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati – For years, I have wanted to walk with someone in this event, but no one has been interested. This year, I found a coworker that signed up to walk 4 of the events this year.
- Get Back To Reading Books – I used to read and haven’t completed a book in quite some time. I enjoy thrillers and Lisa Gardner is right up my alley. She has a new book out called Dead End Girl that I am adding to my summer reading list.
- Visit The Vinoklet Winery in Cincinnati. This winery is 10 minutes from where I live. Every summer I have the intention of visiting this unique winery.
- Visit Savannah Georgia. During our visits to Hilton Head Island, we have always wanted to visit this amazing town. This year, we are going to visit Savannah Georgia before we arrive in Hilton Head! (Maybe this would be a good time to add reading Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil to my summer reading list!)
- Visit a local farm to pick your own fruit.
NEED SUMMER INSPIRATION IDEAS?
Here are some ideas to help get you summer inspired from the Jane Boutique!
- Check out this adorable engraved wine bottle tote for $11.99 from Jane!
- Going to visit Disney this summer? Look at these adorable personalized Theme Park Carry All Drawstring Bags for $9.99!
- Spending hours in the car in the drive? Check out this Road Trip Scavenger Hunt Deck of Cards for $12.99 to keep everyone busy!
- Need a customized Floating Ring Koozie? Check out this cute Koozie for $11.99!
- Need to block out the sun for your little one on a long road trip? Look at this Twist & Pop Car Window Shade you can get for $2.99!
- Lookin’ for a relaxed, casual dress to wear to dinner after a day at the beach? Look at this cute Patterned Relaxed Maxi Dress for $16.99 you can literally throw on and go!
Sign up below to get your FREE Summer Bucket List Printable!
Jenn Summers says
Love this idea. With school out it can get overwhelming and the kids get bored. I think if we all sit down and make a summer bucket list we will all have something to look forward too!
Ann A says
Glad I could inspire you! If your family makes a bucket list I would love to see it. I am going to do a follow up at the end of the summer to hold myself accountable. It would be fun to share other summer bucket lists too!
Love this idea- we do it in our family but not so organized, so here’s inspiration for a better summer bucket list this summer!—Paige Bainbridge (paigebainbridge.com)
Ann A says
This made me smile! I am not so organized either – Hence why the summers pass me by! I want this summer to be different (maybe because I am getting older!)
summer!?! Oh my! Fun list you have though. And your suggestions has me wanting to go to Disney – been so long! And I’ve never been to Savannah before. But most of all I love your photo of the strawberry water (never though of that :o).
Joy at http://www.thejoyousliving.com
Ann A says
Thank you for reading and hope you get to go do Disney! I love putting fresh fruit in my water and need to do it more often.
I love this post. You have inspired me to do the same. You will love Savannah. It’s one of my favorite places to visit. Maybe we’ll see you there this summer.
Ann A says
Thank you for reading and glad I have inspired you! Let’s compare our bucket lists at the end of the summer. I can’t wait to visit Savannah and would be great if we saw each other there!
Mary Ambrose says
What a nice article! It’s great to see such purposful way of living.
Ann A says
Thank you for reading and your kind words!
Shellie Bolyard says
I love the idea of a summer bucket list! Summer comes and goes so fast and if you’re not intentional about how you spend your time, it will be gone before you know it. I also can’t get this saying out of my head, “You only have 18 summers with your kids.” My oldest will be 14 this summer. I really need to make our summers count 🙂 I’m just a few hours north of you in Columbus. A trip to the aquarium in your neck of the woods is on my list for this summer.
Ann A says
I haven’t heard of that saying before and it’s so true! You will enjoy the aquarium. I haven’t been there in a few years, but my son always had a great time when he went. Newport on the Levee has great restaurants and vendors. Very fun place to go on a summer night! Let me know how your trip goes and I am going to do a follow up post at the end of the summer for anyone who wants to share a copy of their Summer Bucket List! Thank you for reading!
This is such a great idea! Gives you something to look forward too, and have something to actually plan for! Thanks for the ideas 🙂
Ann A says
You are welcome and thank you for reading!