Hello! I’m Anna and I share my experiences with parenting kids with ADHD, Adult ADHD and other random musings.
Below is a picture of me and my son, who is now 23 years old. It’s been a long journey and not one I thought was going to end on a positive note.
Despite the ADHD struggles and hardships, we now have a much better relationship.
If you are struggling as a parent of an ADHD child, I want you to know it may seem rough now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I want to help you with the challenges of parenting an ADHD child. Especially if you have ADHD yourself. Raising an ADHD child can feel very lonely and I want you to know you are not alone in this journey.
Even though I am not an expert, I do have first-hand experience of raising an ADHD child. Matter of fact, below are some of the texts I have received from my son as he started to mature. (Yes – I saved them because I was speechless when I received them!)
“You’ve done a great job at parenting“
“Did you ever think I was gonna change?”
“I love you, you’re the best mom anyone can ask for“
“You know for a single mom you’ve done pretty damn well“
“Thank you for the pbj“
Quirky Facts About Me
- I love to laugh and have an odd sense of humor at times
- Coffee is a must first thing in the morning!
- Cleaning house is one of my favorite things to do – it relieves my anxiety
- Not taking things personal is a constant struggle for me
- I have a big heart and that tends to get me in trouble at times
- My two pug mixes are my “babies” now
- Being in nature grounds me
- Consistency and procrastination are two evils I battle with daily
- Older people are our teachers in life & many of us forget that
- Self -development and learning is what keeps me thriving
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my page! It is my hope you find something on my blog that helps you in your journey.